Friday, October 29, 2021

Day 105 Mosgiel

 My goal for this evenings walk was to complete more streets in Mosgiel and I walked 14 streets.

1393. Brown Street
1394. Bush Road
1395. Aitken Place
1396. Carlyle Road
1397. Mallard Place
1398. Goodall Street
1399. Silverstream Drive
1400. Glen Place
1401. Esk Place
1402. Duff Place
1403. Eden Street
1404. Gordon Road
1405. Forth Street
1406. Forfar Street  

While I walked nearly 10km tonight, I didn't take many photos as I was again walking the flat streets of Mosgiel.  One of the good things about this walk was that I managed to finish walking some of the long streets which I had walked parts of over the last three days of walking. 

About the only view I saw tonight was Saddle Hill.  Tonight there was no cloud covering the hill and I have enjoyed seeing it from this angle. 

I walked along the streets that bordered the Silver Stream walkway.  This walkway runs alongside the Silver Stream This small stream starts on the southern slopes of the Silver Peaks and flows for 30km

One street I walked in Mosgiel is lined with lovely blossom trees and the ground is carpeted in pink blossom.  If I had been here a few weeks earlier, the trees would have been spectacular. 
This is the first painted telephone cabinet that I have seen in Mosgiel.  It painted with the three layers of the land, the base with rocks followed by trees and finally the hills and mountains.  A bit unusual I thought as Mosgiel is so flat. 


Distance walked:  9.8 km         Walking time  1 hr 47 mins   
 
Total distance: 869.3  km          Total walking  162 hr 37 mins 

No comments:

Otago Harbour Cycleway 30 October 2023

With my sister in town, it seemed a shame to waste a calm, sunny day so the two of us hopped on a bike each to enjoy the recently opened 32k...