Monday, March 29, 2021

Day Forty Six Glenross

I took advantage of a warm, sunny evening to get a walk in before the forecast rain this week.  Today I walked 9 streets.

589. Ettrick Street
590. Glenross Street
591. Colquhoun Street
592. Charters Street
593. Sretlaw Place
594. Turnbull Street
595. Tracey Street
596. Wray Street
597. Cockerall Street

Starting partway up Brockville Road, I started my walk by heading down the hill to Kaikorai Valley Road.  I turned off onto Ettrick Street which is a dead end street that goes from houses at the beginning and then narrows onto what almost looks like rural farm land.  It was hard to believe that a busy main road was only a couple of hundred metres from where I took this photo.

Once at the bottom of Brockville Road, I turned onto Glenross Street and started walking back up the hill.  Glenross Street has good views looking towards Wakari and the green trees of Frasers Gully.  It was only a couple of days ago that I remember standing in the street by the houses in the centre of this picture looking towards Brockville where I am now walking. 

 I was enjoying my walk up the hill today and it was good to have a breather in Stretlaw Street where I was rewarded with great views looking towards Mt Cargill. 

As I walked further up the hill and onto Turnbull Street I could look over to Halfway Bush and the streets that I had walked two days ago.  The residents of the houses on the other side of hill border Frasers Gully. 

After Turnbull Street, I crossed Brockville Road and walked around Cockerell Street.  Cockerell Street residents have fantastic views looking down to Kaikorai Valley and over to Roslyn with the sea beyond.  I really enjoyed looking at the view as I have walked all the streets that I could see. 

And finally I got to walk back down Brockville Road to where I had started.  Being on the hill, Brockville gets great views that encompass different parts of the city. 

Some interesting things I saw today on my walk was this neat letterbox's  mosaic post.  Someone has gone to a lot of trouble and they have done a great job and I think this bus stop has been very well painted with a map of Brockville. 


The other thing that I noticed were the trees changing colours.  Autumn is here and the display of colours is quite stunning. 


Distance walked:  7.3 km      Walking time   1 hr 25 mins    

Total distance: 374.5 km       Total walking  70 hr 20 mins


No comments:

Otago Harbour Cycleway 30 October 2023

With my sister in town, it seemed a shame to waste a calm, sunny day so the two of us hopped on a bike each to enjoy the recently opened 32k...