Sunday, March 28, 2021

Day Forty Five Kaikorai

 The streets I walked today completed an area that I have been walking the last few days.  Today I walked 11 streets.

578. Ferntree Drive
579. Dean Street
580. County Road
581. Ayr Street
582. Wairoa Street
583. Chapel Street
584. Swanson Street
585. Culloden Street
586. Greenock Street
587. Fife Street
588. Nairn Street

The residents of Dean Street, County Road and Waiora Street have a large green space which is a good place for playing and dog exercising.  It looks like it is part of land that can not be built on and an added bonus of the open area are good views looking towards Roslyn.

The good views of Roslyn continued on most of the streets I walked today.  I have walked all the streets that I could see on the hills opposite and it is a good feeling knowing that I don't have to walk them again as some were quite steep.

The streets that I walked today wound their way around the side of hill with a diverse range of streets ranging with some being wide and others quite narrow with very little parking .  

There were a couple interesting things I saw on my walk today.  The first was this large tree in Ferntree Drive.  It is such a significant tree that the footpath is extended around it and out into the road.

And the other is this clever cow letterbox.  It is a very happy looking cow. 


Distance walked:  4.8 km      Walking time   48 mins    

Total distance: 367.2 km       Total walking  68 hr 55 mins 

 

No comments:

Otago Harbour Cycleway 30 October 2023

With my sister in town, it seemed a shame to waste a calm, sunny day so the two of us hopped on a bike each to enjoy the recently opened 32k...