Friday, March 26, 2021

Day Forty Four Halfway Bush

 Today was one of my shorter walks as I finished walking all of the streets in Halfway Bush.  I walked 8 streets today.

570. Balmain Street
571. Tilburn Street
572. Ashmore Street
573. Mooltan Street
574. Ellersley Street
575. Lincoln Street
576. Blake Street
577. Bonar Street

Halfway Bush has great views and I was able to see as far as the harbour and Waverly where I had started walking weeks ago.  There is a large part of Halfway Bush that is open green space where the power lines travel through. 

Halfway Bush borders Frasers Gully with the area being lucky to have easy access to the walking tracks that wander through native bush right on their door step.  By following the walking trails you can walk down the hill to Kaikorai Valley. 

The streets of Halfway Bush are in the shape of two almost full circles with some short cul-de-sacs that are easy to walk. The updated map shows all the streets I have walked in red.  It does not include Middlemarch or Aramoana streets.  I have completed walking most of the hill suburbs. 


Distance walked:  4.2 km      Walking time   46 mins    

Total distance: 362.4 km       Total walking  68 hr 07 mins

No comments:

Otago Harbour Cycleway 30 October 2023

With my sister in town, it seemed a shame to waste a calm, sunny day so the two of us hopped on a bike each to enjoy the recently opened 32k...