Sunday, October 31, 2021

Day 107 Mosgiel

Today I walked the streets that I had missed during the last couple of days.  I walked 14 streets in Mosgiel today. 

1429. Braemar Street
1430. Perth Street
1431. Tay Street
1432. Souter Street
1433. Tyne Street
1434. Melville Street
1435. Graham Street
1436. Watt Street
1437. Kura Place
1438. Stirling Crescent
1439. Ross Street
1440. Lorne Street
1441. William James Close
1442. Nairn Street
 
After looking at the map of streets that I had walked in Mosgiel, I saw that there were a couple of gaps where I had missed walking some streets.  This is the first time that I have had to go back to an area that I have already walked to cover streets that I have missed. 
As with other days of walking in Mosgiel, the only view I got was of Saddle Hill in the distance.

 
Or in the other direction, I was able to see Flagstaff in the distance.  As Mosgiel is on the flat of the Taieri it is surrounded by Saddle Hill, Flagstaff and Maungatua. 
 
One of the nice things about walking the streets at this time of year is all the rhododendrons and azaleas  are out and the colours are magnificent.  Dunedin and Mosgiel have an ideal climate for growing rhododendrons and it is evident with the range of colours and size of plants that I have seen on my walks.
 
Below is the map of Mosgiel with the streets that I have walked in red. Looking at the map, I can see that I have walked more than half the streets in Mosgiel.
Distance walked:  6 km         Walking time  1 hr 03 mins   
 
Total distance: 883.3  km          Total walking  165 hr 06 mins 
 

No comments:

Otago Harbour Cycleway 30 October 2023

With my sister in town, it seemed a shame to waste a calm, sunny day so the two of us hopped on a bike each to enjoy the recently opened 32k...