Sunday, July 11, 2021

Day Seventy Four South Dunedin

Today was a shorter day of walking as I finished walking the last of the streets in South Dunedin.  I walked 7 streets.

910. Melbourne Street
911. Dick Street
912. Hall Street
913. Oxford Street
914. Atkinson Street
915. Kirkcaldy Street
916. Fawcett Street
 
The streets of South Dunedin have not been the most interesting streets to walk as the area is flat and I feel like I am walking in circles as there are very few landmarks to see where I am.  Each street is similar in look and there are very few views of the surrounding hills.
The houses in South Dunedin are a mixture of old wooden villas and more modern brick houses all built close together making the most use of the flat.  The area can be prone to flooding during heavy rain as the land is not much above sea level and there is no where for the water to go. 
The only interesting thing I saw on my walk today was this buffalo letterbox. I enjoy looking out for interesting letterboxes and have seen quite a few during my walking of the streets.

And finally I thought it was time to share the map of the streets that I have walked on my journey to walk every street in Dunedin this year.  All the streets I have walked are in red and I have walked more than 900 streets out of approximately 1500 streets in Dunedin. 

Distance walked:  4.1  km         Walking time   42 mins  
 
Total distance: 592.5 km       Total walking  110 hr 45 mins 

No comments:

Otago Harbour Cycleway 30 October 2023

With my sister in town, it seemed a shame to waste a calm, sunny day so the two of us hopped on a bike each to enjoy the recently opened 32k...